Your child starts to build reading skills long before they enter school. There are small things you can do to power-up their learning to be a future ReadStrong reader.
- Talk to your child – talk slowly to your child, ask questions, and show expressions.
- Read to your child – make it fun to read 20 minutes to your child every day.
- Sing to your child – babies and young children love music and movement.
… and Get Help early if you think your child is having any problems.
Get help for your child.
- Attend ReadStrong Events.
- Sign-up at Read Strong for a Talk with Me Baby workshop or a Help Me Grow screening.
- Enroll in quality childcare and early learning centers – many offer income-based scholarships.
– R’Club Child Care, Inc.’s Early Learning Academies
– For assistance in locating child care provider listings, please visit Childcare Resource and Referrals page with the Early Learning Coalition of Pinellas County.
- Visit ReadStrong’s Help for My Child page and sign-up. We can guide you to resources, screenings, and services for your child.
Read Strong featuring
Corey Thornton | Music Video
On Friday, ReadStrong Pinellas and Tampa Bay rapper, Corey Thornton celebrate Summer Learning Week by releasing Corey’s newest music video titled, READ STRONG. At the Barbara S. Ponce Library BreakSpot for Grab & Go Meals for Kids, ReadStrong Pinellas and Corey provided children with reading tips and links to Corey’s music video.