Reading 20-minutes every day is key to a child’s progress in school.
When in school, students in Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties are reading daily and using myON to support their reading growth.
It is important for children to keep reading at home.
When schools are closed, students can access to their own myON accounts at home with their user name and password. Families will need a laptop/notebook and internet access or hotspot.
Here’s some tips for families to use myON at home.
1. Ask your child to
- get onto myON account (with a user name and password)
- show you their reading interest in myON.
- show you their myON Profile Report and how they see themselves as a reader.
2. Sit with your child and read together (This is especially important for students in grades K-3).
3. Use one of the science texts on myON to do an at home-experiment.
4. NEW Students have access to myON News articles.
There’s a section on myON website for parents and caregivers on ways to help their child during the COVID-19.